Old July 12th 09, 10:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS! iBiquity decalred bankruptcy in 2008! LMFAO!!!

wrote in message
On Jul 11, 6:52 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

Eduardo talks about how bad indy bands are and that nobody listens to
them. I guess he thinks that the Beatles, Stones, Eagles, Bon Jovi and
others were always hot commercial bands.. everybody starts out indy.. the
ones that are given a chance are the ones that make it. The Beatles came
up doing dingy clubs in Germany and worked their way up to command
performances before they were ever signed to a lable. The Eagles used to
come and play our little local venue in Astoria (the National Guard
armory) before anyone ever thought of "Take it Easy." Jon Bon Jovi played
small club venues in New Jersey and the surrounding area for years before
he was "discovered".

But they were not ready for mass exposure on the radio any more than a
medical school grad is ready to operate on people alone without an
internship and residency period...

Radio, when it started asking listeners to grade the songs one by one,
learned that most of those things were not a service to listeners, who