Old July 13th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Barnard John Barnard is offline

Default Wellbrook ALA1530 next to a RF Systems DX1 Pro

John Plimmer wrote:
On Jul 6, 10:59 pm, John Barnard wrote:
Darn it, John, now I have to consider getting a DX 1 Pro Mk II. I've
read up on the DX 1 and grounding seems to be a critical issue with
getting your $$$ from the unit. If I may ask, what sort of ground system
are you using with it and was it a big deal to get a good ground.

Thank you!

John Barnard-

Hi JB - the grounding is necessary to help suppress local RFI and
ensure a good radio ground for top performance. Mine is just a copper
strap about 8 ft long buried under nine inches of soil = nothing
elaborate.

Considering my poor QTH the DX1 has been a top performer over the
years.

JP

Thanks very much, John! This gives me a glimmer of hope as it sounds
like we live in similar climates (semi-arid, in my case) though I am
quite aways farther from a coastline.

All the best!

John Barnard