Old October 28th 03, 04:18 AM
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

You can probably make it work with matched parts, but you will need
somevery good heatsinking and a crowbar circuit in case one of your pass
regulators shorts out.

You should really look at using an ASTRON SS30 or SS30M (M has volt and
amp meters). One was for sale on one of the swap boards recently. I have
two and they deliver the current without any strain or heat. As far as
RFI noise, they are also very quiet. ARRL did a write up a couple years
back on various switchers and this one was the quietest. 25 amps
continuous, 30 amps intermittent. I run mine to 20 amps all the time and
the fan switches on for a short time, no sweat.

clc wrote:

Im still trying to come up with a high current DC supply for my mobile HF rig.
I have 4 - transformers that are all the same part number, there output is 4amp
at 18.5 vac. I want to hook a bridge to each & then connect the DC outputs of
each in parallel to increase current to my regulator circut.
I should end up with 17 - 18 VDC @ 16 amps. Does this sound like it would
work ok, Im not sure about paralleling DC supplies ?

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT

"Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny." -F.Z.