Old October 27th 03, 06:23 PM
Bob

It should work except that these power supplies generally won't start up
unless there is a substantial load on the +5 Volt line. I suppose you could
put a load on that line and when the output stabilizes, reduce it to a
negligible value with a relay or something.

Radio gear designed for 12 Volts often won't deliver full output unless the
supply is at around 13 Volts or more. Check your own gear and see what it
takes to work properly. I like running my rigs at around 12.5 to mazimize
lamp life but that doesn't work with one rig, the IC-751, which won't put
out the full 100 Watts unless the supply is above 13 Volts.

73, Bob