Old July 15th 09, 06:50 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus D. Peter Maus is offline

Default The "Progressive" Promised Land

On 07/15/09 12:43, dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 07/15/09 09:30, David Eduardo wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 7/15/09 01:07 , David Eduardo wrote:
"D Peter wrote in message
On 7/14/09 14:26 , David Eduardo wrote:

As evidenced by the hundreds of millions in fines assessed against
radio since 1977 for Clapton's "Cocaine."
We are, I think, talking about today. Most of what Stern did when on
terrestrial radio would likely get the FCC in a uproar today; stations
are fined when celebrities who are totally out of a network's control
utter cuss words.

"Cocaine," I heard this morning. Is that current enough for you?
"Money" I heard about an hour ago "bull****" intact. "Jet Airliner"
over the weekend.

And Mancow has been using Cheech and Chong drops, making anti-gay,
anti ...his words...Jesse Jackass, and blatant drug references for
months.

You need to get out of the server farm, once in a while.
I don't even know where there is a server farm.

Bull****.

And Mancow has been fined and sanctioned repeatedly; the Commission is
considerably less tolerant today. Remember, the FCC is not proactive but
reactive. All it takes is a complaint about a song with "bull****" in it
to get them started. Many groups and stations already have policies
against such content and have eliminated or edited songs to comply with
internal policy.

And again, the song has been playing, here, on Bonneville's WDRV
since the frequencies were acquired from the Florians. Unedited,
played regularly. As recently as last evening.

For clarification, that would be just YESTERDAY. And I'll hear it
again, likely, TOMORROW.

Disk jockeys flapping their gums get cracked regularly for their
content. But song lyrics have been challenged for years. And have
those challenges have been beaten in the courts, for years.

Again, as late as YESTERDAY. If there would be complaints, you'd
think it would be within Bonneville itself.

As for Mancow...SOME, but not all of his stations have been
fined, over the years. He's been on the air here, again, for nearly
a year now. And his content isn't changing.

But by all means, don't let the facts get in the way of a good
pedantic rant.

'Eduardo' would never do that!

LOL!