Old July 17th 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.video.cable-tv,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default How Can you Make a VHF TV Antenna for an Attic

wrote in message
On Jul 14, 9:55 pm, wrote:
Hi - I need to receive VHF TV (channels 6,7,9,13) and would like to
make a super-duper antenna for inside my attic.

snip

Good grief. Just buy an antenna and open it up in the attic. I've done
it several times and it will cost a lot less in time and aggravation.
Or is your time not worth anything?

Oh, what a shame! Is there no joy in experimenting any more? I have always
felt the essence of our hobby has been somebody saying, "Let's try this and
see what happens." Sometimes it's an enjoyable QSO and sometimes it's a
cloud of acrid smoke. I've had both.

I, too, suggested a store-bought antenna but I went on to suggest other
things to try. The OP seems to have an adventurous spark. I vote for
ENCOURAGE.

73,
Sal
(KD6VKW)