Old October 29th 03, 12:24 AM
Bill Janssen

Hans wrote:

clc wrote:

Im still trying to come up with a high current DC supply for my
mobile HF rig.
I have 4 - transformers that are all the same part number, there
output is 4amp
at 18.5 vac. I want to hook a bridge to each & then connect the DC
outputs of
each in parallel to increase current to my regulator circut.
I should end up with 17 - 18 VDC @ 16 amps. Does this sound like
it would
work ok, Im not sure about paralleling DC supplies ?

Why don't you connect the transformers in parallel and rectify /
stabilize the total AC current?

Hans

There is a "chance" that the voltages won't be exactly the same. As a
result you can
have circulating currents in the transformers from that difference. The
diodes solve
that potential problem.

Bill K7NOM