Old July 19th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
No Name

Default OT Maybe

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 22:48:56 UTC, "SX-25"
wrote:

I found an unopened copy of Windows Vista at a yard sale last week for $10.
The guy said he bought it but then traded his laptop in on one with Windows
7. I've been sitting here all week looking at this WIndows Vista and I
cannot build up the nerve to load it on my Windows XP machine. My Windows XP
works so well I hate to return to the Follies d'Renton and go back at square
one with patches and updates for the next few months trying to get my
computer then to work as well as it works now. If it's not broke don't fix
it. Too bad the MS folks don't smoke test their software before unleashing
it on us.

I know..."no guts, no glory." I am sure there are a few other sayings that
would fit here too.

But jeez I hate to fiddle with something just to have the newest...that
probably is little different from what I got now.

Isn't that the way technology dupes us into buying all this crap in the
first place?

Besides, by the time Internet II replaces the Internet we have now I doubt I
will even own a computer.

GL on Windows 7...hope the transition goes smoothly for you.

Smokey

I would not let VISTA near your computer! No wonder everyone is
downgrading to XP! That is probably why the guy had it for only $10!

"What do you mean there's no movie?"