Old July 19th 09, 10:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Pirate Log - KUSA

Bob Dobbs wrote:

Mike wrote:
US pirate KUSA on 6925 from 2325 to 2335+ UTC in English. Plenty of
silly spoof songs, Smoke on the Water, Elvis singing Teddy Bear, M w/
loud IDs "This is KUSA- North America," announcing Gmail address.
Signal varying a lot but at SIO-454 on peaks. (Bryant-KY, E1, July 18)

Didn't there used to be a domestic (USA) SW station going by that call
and had a show called Wasatch Wind? I think they were in the north west
somewhere, and until I purged my old collection even had a QSL from
them. This was circa a couple decades ago in the 2010 days.

Went looking this AM for a KUSW QSL (verie, for those in Glendale) but
couldn't find it. Maybe don't even have one. Did find one from KTBN, which was
the successor to KUSW.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires

239 countries heard and 224 QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) using the
NASWA Country List.

And, as always, don't let your children attend the Sullivan College of
Technology & Design.

They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and who
knows, there may be more dufi there.