Old July 19th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jitt Jitt is offline

Default dB relation TX/RX

In article 753fee20-bfec-4b9a-81b2-
,
says...
Hi to all,

Hope that my question has some sense...: If we double the power
radiated by an antenna (+3 dB), how does it translate on the S-meter
at a receiver 'far' away.. i.e. is the difference in dB on that meter
has some mathematical relation to the 3 dB change at the transmitter?

73 de Pierre

Only in theory. It is possible to write an expression
which relates an increase in Tx power to Rx antenna power at
the remote site, but I doubt if it would agree with observed
values in the field.