Old July 19th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default OT Maybe

wrote:
I bought my big Velocity Micro computer in 2004.I paid about $1,440.00
for my Velocity Micro computer.If I ever buy another computer, it will
be a Velocity Micro computer, a big desktop computer.I have no desire
for little portable computers, laptops, notebooks, netbooks or similar.I
don't tote.
cuhulin

I am typing on a $200 WalMart Everex desktop computer. It works great.
My amateur radio computer has a $40 motherboard, a $120 Core 2 Duo
processor, a $30 high efficiency power supply, $20 worth (2 gigs) of
RAM, an old 80 gig PATA drive, and a used case. It will run circles
around your giant Velocity Micro.

I have a netbook doing web radio duties. I have another that monitors
10.140 MHz (USB) for psk31 traffic and reports any activity to the
pskreporter on the internets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQpBGh9RMEQ

http://psk.gladstonefamily.net/pskmap.html

I have never paid more than $500 for a personal desktop computer.
Including my ProTools machine.