Old October 29th 03, 01:33 PM
Eskay

Biz WDØHCO wrote:

After 31 years and a bunch of parts in the garage, I am finally building my
dream CW receiver from scratch.

Just wondering if I converted the 6.3 VAC filament voltage to a DC voltage
if doing so would be worth the effort to reduce hum.

Opinions ?

Also I would like to cut a round 4" diameter hole in the 1/8" aluminum front
panel for the speaker grill. Is there a way to do this without a Greenlee
Pneumatic punch? I have a jig saw which I can cut square holes but round
holes are another matter. Is there a better way? I can drill round holes up
to 7/8" with a unibit but I think 7/8" is as big as they get.

Thanks

Biz - WDØHCO

A jig-saw should be able to cut a 4 inch dia hole.
There are also drill held hole cutters that have a lathe type cutter on
the end of a rotating arm..Mean looking device when it rotates but it
does a good job..
73 de VE3JUA