Old July 20th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Passaneau John Passaneau is offline

Default rotator coax

ml wrote:
hi

Was going to put up some antennas turned via a rotator.

Normally I guess people use some 'flexible' type coax like a
RG213

Wondering if cost was no object is there some coax that is
better rated to withstand this type of repeated flexing ??

Thanks

Hi Ml:

There used to be a "type" of RG-8 coax called "superflex" that was much
more flexable than standard RG-8 (this was back when RG-8 was still a
mil standard)but I've not seen it for some time. But I've used RG-213
for years with no problems just remember to leave a big enough loop so
the coax is not stressed to much. The kind of coax with the foil under
the braid is NOT good for this loop.

John Passaneau W3JXP