Old July 19th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default Pirate Log - KUSA

In article ,
dave wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:
Mike wrote:
US pirate KUSA on 6925 from 2325 to 2335+ UTC in English. Plenty of
silly spoof songs, Smoke on the Water, Elvis singing Teddy Bear, M w/
loud IDs "This is KUSA- North America," announcing Gmail address.
Signal varying a lot but at SIO-454 on peaks. (Bryant-KY, E1, July 18)

Didn't there used to be a domestic (USA) SW station going by that call
and had a show called Wasatch Wind? I think they were in the north west
somewhere, and until I purged my old collection even had a QSL from
them. This was circa a couple decades ago in the 2010 days.

Salt Lake City, Utah. It got assimilated by the Borg several decades
ago. Now dark. Really dark.

Short lived short wave rocker?

Was that the station where the owners arraigned playing "Sympathy for the
Devil" during a fund raising pitch by the Christian outfit that wanted to
buy them? So the prospective buyers could show their donating audience
how "evil" they were.

I think they also used KUSW audio as torture to keep Noriega awake
when they were trying to bust him in Panama.

Mark Zenier