Old July 21st 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default Question on Antenna Voltage

Andy asks

When one uses the equations for a loop antenna to determine what
voltage will be developed at the antenna terminals due to a passing
signal,
is the calculated voltage with the antenna terminated in an open
circuit,
or a resistance equal to the characteristic impedance of the antenna,
or some other load ?

I haven't seen any of the texts state specifically whether the
voltage
is open circuit or otherwise....

Same question for any antenna ---- if I use Power Density times
Capture Area , it implies that the antenna is terminated in a
resistive
matched load....but I haven't seen it specifically stated. Perhaps
the
issue is too obvious to write down. But I would like to see it.

I would appreciate some small discussion on this. It is a very
simple
thing to clear up if anyone here has first hand knowledge of the
issue.

Thanks, W4OAH