Old July 23rd 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
David Thompson David  Thompson is offline

Default Ahoy LK-500NT B or C users

I have an amp supply LK-500NTC that I am trying to peak up on each of the
fixed no tune circuits. I know I have a bad ceramic telflon disc on 160
(won't load at all) and on 15 the best I can do is 1100 watts
with just over 800 ma plate current. On bands that work oK (1300 watts out)
the plate current is 550 ma. So I feel one or more of the disc caps are
either bad or changed value.

If you have some experience with the no tune versions of the LK-500 I would
like to get your suggestions.

73 Dave K4JRB
please direct to me at