Old October 29th 03, 09:28 PM
Deos

the 6.3 VAC is ok ,no need to go into the fuss for dc.
dont take my word for it, after making the nice rig put some diodes on the
ac line and you will not see anythig special..
73's

--
http://www.qsl.net/sv1hao

"Biz WDØHCO" wrote in message
After 31 years and a bunch of parts in the garage, I am finally building

my
dream CW receiver from scratch.

Just wondering if I converted the 6.3 VAC filament voltage to a DC voltage
if doing so would be worth the effort to reduce hum.

Opinions ?

Also I would like to cut a round 4" diameter hole in the 1/8" aluminum

front
panel for the speaker grill. Is there a way to do this without a Greenlee
Pneumatic punch? I have a jig saw which I can cut square holes but round
holes are another matter. Is there a better way? I can drill round holes

up
to 7/8" with a unibit but I think 7/8" is as big as they get.

Thanks

Biz - WDØHCO