Old July 26th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ross Archer[_2_] Ross Archer[_2_] is offline

Default Wellbrook ALA1530 next to a RF Systems DX1 Pro

On Jul 3, 12:14*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
*dave wrote:

Bob Dobbs wrote:
John Plimmer wrote:
RFI and noise suppression. I didn't notice that the ALA was quieter
noisewise than my DX1, nor does it suppress the harsh RFI I have here.
I read your installation comments on the DX-1 where you indicated the
use of RG-213 and was wondering if LMR-400 with its superior shielding
would be worth a try in your admittedly noisy environment.
I used Belden RG-213 for quite awhile due to its renowned UV resistance
but just under a decade ago switched to the Times Microwave LMR-400 for
its similar size and better specs. I haven't been disappointed.
Note - the installation of standard PL-259 connectors is a little more
involved but well worth the extra time to do it right.

Try Davis RF BuryFlex. *It's cheaper than LMR-400 and doesn't feed the
war machine.

http://www.davisrf.com/coax.php#attenuation

What? You don't want me to eat?

I grew up in a Motorala GED (now General Dynamics-Scottsdale) household..
* The Military Industrial Complex created me.

The commercial and military electronics industry didn't create me but
has been the majority of my employment.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

That's kind of pathetic: a person who doesn't even believe in science
working in a critical defense industry.