Old November 22nd 03, 01:41 AM
W4WNT

Can you run a ground lead out your garage door to any real dirt? Pound in a
ground rod and tie off to it. Any ground rod is better than no ground rod.
You aren't looking for perfection here.

Good luck,

Bill, W4WNT

"res08z36" wrote in message
I could use some help in setting up a HF antenna and another antenna to

work
VHF. I live in a condo that doesn't allow outside antennas at all, so

I'm
trying to set something up in my garage...maybe set up in the rafters

above
the car.

I have a set of Iron Horse HF antenna sticks for the HF radio and a

Diamond
X50 for the VHF/UHF radio. The problem is I can't get either to work.

suspect it is because there is no ground going to the antennas. They are
mounted on a antenna mast that is sitting on the concrete slap of the
garage.

Does anyone have some ideas of what I can do? Is there a different
antenna that I should consider that would solve this problem (of not

having
a real ground...just a cement floor)?

-Bruce