Old July 27th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeannot Jeannot is offline

Default MFJ 1782

Hello

I have bought an antenna in secondhand an antenna MFJ-1782. I have some
problems to obtain good results for the SWR .My antenna is in vertical
polarization. I use this antenna with a battery..

I have only a good SWR in the ten meter band ( 1.1) but when the
frequency degreases , the SWR increases very rapidly . On the 20 meter band
, the SWR is near 3-3.5 - The coax is H100.

I tried with differents lenghs of coax . ( 5 , 10, 15 meters)
and the result is the same.

I don't know what I must do.

I write you ( in bad English and excuse me) to say if you have a
solution to my problem.. I thank you in advance

73