Old July 27th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default MFJ 1782

Jeannot wrote:
Hello

I have bought an antenna in secondhand an antenna MFJ-1782. I have some
problems to obtain good results for the SWR .My antenna is in vertical
polarization. I use this antenna with a battery..

I have only a good SWR in the ten meter band ( 1.1) but when the
frequency degreases , the SWR increases very rapidly . On the 20 meter band
, the SWR is near 3-3.5 - The coax is H100.

Start with:

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/suppor...uctid=MFJ-1782

You can download an English version of the manual. Hopefully that will help.
If you have trouble understanding the manual, you could ask here in your
native language and someone may be able to translate the parts you need, or
explain it in simple English that works for you.

If that does not help. MFJ has a technical support form you can fill in and
they will answer you by email. I had a question about a qrp rig I bought in
1995 and they are still selling a version of. I filled in the form and got
an email back the next day from the engineer who designed it.

You can also call them at 1-662-323-0549. Many people have Internet phones and
the call would be a few pennies a minute or free. If you don't a neighbor or
friend might.

Even if you don't feel comfortable speaking in English on the telephone,
they may be able to help you anyway, or find someone who speaks your
language. It's worth a try.

Geoff.