Old July 27th 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Portable Operation

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 23:43:47 -0700, Sal M. Onella wrote:

What's the custom for transmitting my I-D? I think it's "KD6VKW, PORTABLE
ZERO." It might be "KD6VKW, STROKE ZERO." I've heard both variations and I
searched for about 20 minutes and only found that in the US I'm apparently
not legally required to transmit anything after my callsign. It's optional.

Loosen up, Sal! :-)
And, mix it up!!
You're not going to call CQ one time, and one time only!

Sometimes "CQ FROM KD6VKW PORTABLE ZERO"
Sometimes "CQ FROM KD6VKW PORTABLE COLORADO"
Sometimes "CQ FROM KD6VKW DELTA MIKE SIXTY EIGHT"
Sometimes "CQ FROM KD6VKW"
Sometimes "CQ FROM KD6VKW HIGH ATOP FAIRVIEW PEAK"

Let'em know on the other end that you're not just an "electronic voice "keyer".

(Although I have *no* idea what this has to do with antennas...)

Enjoy Colorado!

73
"JONESY COLORADO" HI!HI!
--