Old July 31st 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] jfeng@my-deja.com[_2_] is offline

Default 'Impeach' & 'Deport Obama' bumper stickers HERE

On Jul 30, 4:38*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
Ex Post Facto only applies if something (a liberty interest, etc.) is to be
taken away.

That is not what my high school civics teacher said, but she was not a
constitutional lawyer, and neither anm I. The statement in the US
Constitution is very short and simple (I would think it is hard to
misinterpret, but logic does not necessarily apply to the
interpretation of the law.)

Otherwise, most laws are applied retroactively.

That is not the way I remember the events reported in the news.