Old July 31st 09, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Has "antenna" died?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:51:24 -0400, "J. Mc Laughlin"
wrote:

Dear Group: While I attend only now-and-then, it seems as it has been days
since new communications have been posted.

Hi Mac,

'tis the nature of things. Participation has been falling from the
peak of 1999-2001, down by about 6dB on average, but 10dB for July (if
posting volume were power, mostly dissipated heat; double that if you
think of postings as lost potential).

The posting count follows the classic battleship curve of emerging
then declining fads, fashion, schools of thought, what-have-you social
trends. We are now as engaged as we were in 1995. Consult:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...na/about?hl=en

I would not speculate or offer that counts indicate quality, however.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC