Old July 31st 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] jfeng@my-deja.com[_2_] is offline

Default 'Impeach' & 'Deport Obama' bumper stickers HERE

On Jul 29, 9:59*pm, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:
McCain was a natural born citizen because his father
was on active duty.

No. Even though he was not born in the United State, John McCain was
automatically a citizen because both his parents were already citizens
(and met the other requirements like 5 years residency, etc.).

A law was passed in the 1950's extending natural born
citizenship to the children of millitary personel on active duty.

What law? I think I read the relevant parts of the 1952 Immigration
and Nationality Act. I do not remmber it using the words "natural
born citizen" in any of the sections describing when foreign-born
children are automtically considered US citizens. If I missed it in
this law, where was it? Or can you cite another part of the US Code
that confers "natural born citizenship" and distinguishes that from
some other form of citizenship that comes automatcally with birth? I
could only see automatic citizenship and citizenship acquired by
naturalization.