Old October 30th 03, 06:57 PM
--exray--

jakdedert wrote:

and small cabinets/ enclosures.

My stock of double sided epoxy board is a 4 ft by 4 ft sheet I bought at a
hamfest for $20 or 25 IIRC. I have some smaller pieces left over from the
past.

If you don't want to solder partitions or sides, you might do as I and buy

10-ft length of extruded aluminum angle, 0.25 inches on a side. This way

you

can screw things together without worrying about overheating /

delaminating

the PC board. You can also take things apart if needed :-(

I'd be careful about using aluminum for this. You could set up a situation
where over the years, the dissimilar metals would begin to react and cause
all sorts of gremlins. I'd think you'd want to use copper or brass angle
stock, which is also available, albeit more expensive...or plastic; or even
wood.

You can tin the edge of the PCB and avoid this for the most part.

-Bill