Old August 3rd 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill M[_3_] Bill M[_3_] is offline

Default Kenwood TS-830S

wrote:
I hear hams talking about the Kenwood TS-830S "GOLD LABEL". like it is
something special...My question is : What does the gold label mean?
For several years I worked as service manager for a Kenwood
dealer,attended the Kenwood service seminars ,received all Kenwood
bulletins etc...Never have I ever heard Kenwood refer to or advertise
a gold label edition of the 830..Can someone tell me the true,factual
story on the gold label ..TNX W4PQW

Yes, there was some model like that. I remember one of the local guys
yammering about it every time he was given the chance.

I don't know if there was anything to the label other than "being known
as owning the special edition version" much like car manufacturers tack
on special escutcheons in various markets.