Old August 3rd 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default FS: Elecraft K3 with options

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Bob Rinaldi W1CNY" wrote in message
The K3 can also be purchased as a kit, and is manufactured in Aptos,
CA.

"Keith" wrote in message
dave wrote in om:
Bob Rinaldi W1CNY wrote:
Factory built Elecraft K3 transceiver. With 100 watt option, Auto
Antenna Tuner option, General coverage receive option, and 2.8kHz
8-pole
filter option. Still under factory warranty. Purchased new in
November
2008, serial number 2102. Original invoice $2712.29. Sell for $2400
or B.O.

The best receiver on the market. American made.
Well it isn't American made, it is designed by Americans and
manufactuered over seas. The K2 is American made because the buyer
puts
it together, but once again most of the parts come from overseas.

How much of the Kit is assembled? I see it's just about all surface
mount, and it’s a modular kit.
For $200 more you can get a tested and assembled K3. There is very
little info for the K3 on their web site.
Looks to me its not much of a kit.

Cheers

I think you're missing the point, you know, about the receiver.

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html