Old August 3rd 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Steve Steve is offline

Default Kenwood TS-830S

A few years ago when I decided I wanted an '830S I did
some research and discovered there is no difference.
Apparently early production had a silver emblem, later
had the gold label. The majority had the gold label from
what I've seen. And yes, I finally got one and love it!
Steve W6SSP

wrote in message
I hear hams talking about the Kenwood TS-830S "GOLD LABEL". like it is
something special...My question is : What does the gold label mean?
For several years I worked as service manager for a Kenwood
dealer,attended the Kenwood service seminars ,received all Kenwood
bulletins etc...Never have I ever heard Kenwood refer to or advertise
a gold label edition of the 830..Can someone tell me the true,factual
story on the gold label ..TNX W4PQW