Old October 31st 03, 12:19 AM
--exray--

jakdedert wrote:

You can tin the edge of the PCB and avoid this for the most part.

-Bill

Probably, but the object was to eliminate heating the copper board. Other
coatings would work, as well. Zinc chromate primer is what they use in
aircraft construction.

jak

I jumped in at the "make them removable" part. Doing a bit of tinning
wouldn't really qualify as heating the board enough for the copper to
peel up.
Actually I think that would be preferable to "paint on" coatings that
might flake/chip around the screw holes in this case.
But we have now made a simple everyday PCB board box into a home project
that meets FAA specs.
:-)
-Bill