Old August 3rd 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc
KJ4NTS[_2_] KJ4NTS[_2_] is offline

Default Minimum gauge wire for connection to ground rod

On 3-Aug-2009, Michael Coslo wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ns7jjd

Is a nice station grounding pdf from Polyphasor. Sorry for the tinyurl,
the original url is a mile long.

Everyone should have a copy, and the writer should get an award for his
or her clarity.

That's a good article, but it is focused on grounding for lightning protection. I am interested in
that, but I am also interested in having an effective RF ground.

I've been able to get a total of 16 feet of ground rod down in the form of 4 four-foot rods, but I
have a 50 foot run from my office to the ground rods, and I'm concerned about RF impedance in that
connection.