Old August 3rd 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Kenwood TS-830S

wrote in message
I hear hams talking about the Kenwood TS-830S "GOLD LABEL". like it is
something special...My question is : What does the gold label mean?
For several years I worked as service manager for a Kenwood
dealer,attended the Kenwood service seminars ,received all Kenwood
bulletins etc...Never have I ever heard Kenwood refer to or advertise
a gold label edition of the 830..Can someone tell me the true,factual
story on the gold label ..TNX W4PQW

Gold Label was the last and final model and incorporated all updates and
fixes for the line. I think it also had all the filters (a big expense).
There were some improvements made to the power supply, receiver performance
and VFO stability. I don't know of other specifics of the Gold.