Old August 4th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
AL A. AL A. is offline

Default A bit more on WTB & FS posts??

Hi All,
Just a lurker here, really and would like to maybe expand on the
recent discussion about FS and WTB type posts a bit.

I have visited this group on and off for a few years and not
participated mostly due to having little of substance to contribute. I
used to have a bunch of BA gear, but time and space have kept me from
doing anything with any of the stuff I do still have. As such, I found
my way back here looking to maybe divest myself of most of the stuff
that I still have. I love this old stuff, but realize that I just won't
likely have the time or space to ever do much with most of it. I bothers
me to have it sit unused here when there are likely folks who would use
and appreciate the stuff. Much of it has gone unused for years now, and
I realize that it is not likely to get used any time soon.

The primary reason I would think to post FS stuff here is that this
seems to be one place that would attract folks who are interested in
what I have. Nothing more.

In an honest effort to not be "That guy" who arrives here to sell a
bunch of stuff with little else to offer, any suggestions as to where
one could most readily sell some of this? I'm not looking to get rich
here, just get a few bucks for the stuff that may be worth something to
someone. I'm pretty much sick of ebay, and it seems to offer less and
less value and more and more hassle these days, unless you are some sort
of volume seller. I have no interest in that.

So please don't chew me up, I'm not whining, just curious. Any
suggestions as to what would be an appropriate and effective venue?
Thanks,

-Al