Old August 5th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
mrhaney mrhaney is offline

Default Kenwood TS-830S

On Aug 4, 4:54*pm, "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote:
MoiInAust wrote:
Joe Kenwood eh? *From the horse's mouth. Very impressive.

I've always wondered why Trio chose that name. Kenwood, which by then was a
very popular food mixer Europe got their name because the inventor of the
device/owner of the company was named Kenneth Wood. I wonder if they just took
the name because it sounded good, or there was some other reason.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel *N3OWJ/4X1GM

At the Kenwood seminars the spokesman always mentioned that the name
KENWOOD was chosen because it is a name that is common in Japanese and
English language..W4PQW