Old August 5th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
LarbGai LarbGai is offline

Default Introducing the Sangean ATS909 - Anyone Got It?!

On Aug 5, 11:27*pm, Brian Anasta wrote:

Dear Bushcraftgregg,

Thank you so much for your post, particularly your advice regarding
the 909. Greg I had pretty much decided on getting the 909 over the
next day or so, but after reading your post, I am now more than a
little hesitant. The problem is, being very new to the hobby, I am
somewhat reluctant to have to get any modifications done to a new unit
just off the shelf. Firstly, I would not know where to start in terms
of the kinds of mods I would need to get (although you have kindly
mentioned the mods on yours, such as the RF gain, filters and external
antenna jack etc). Secondly, I guess I don't really want to have to
wait any longer to get my new unit out of the package and into action.
Therefore I just really want to buy a unit where I can get on the
airwaves almost immediately.

After reading through your post again Gregg, and looking at some
further reviews which DO back up what you have said, I have decided to
instead go for the Grundid G6 Aviator. It has received mostly positive
reviews, and it really is a beautiful looking little unit to look at
(the Buzz Aldrin special edition). Not my first preference, but after
weighing up my options, I have decided to go for the Grundig instead.
If you have any experience with this Grundig unit Bushcraftgregg, or
can offer me any advice or guidance about its performance etc, I would
be very much grateful to you.

Well sorry for the long-winded post. Have a lovely evening mate and
bye for now.

Kind regards,
Brian

****** Brian old bean. What happened to the birdwatching and the
knifemaking hobbies that you were also so "interested" in?

Has the lovely Ning put them on hold or has your good wife Mary and
son Jason come back into your life?

I am amazed to see that Bushy Greg has fallen for your line but like
so many others before him they all get sucked in for a while and then
it dawns on them they've been taken in by what I reckon to be the
finest troll on the usenet.

Greg may want to check out your history particularly the bit where you
tried to "take over" SCT with your elected committee.
That was a hoot.