Old August 6th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KJ4NTS[_2_] KJ4NTS[_2_] is offline

Default Minimum gauge wire for connection to ground rod

On 5-Aug-2009, "JB" wrote:

This is a balanced antenna and if the antenna is stretched out in an area
where there is no metal it should do it's best. You probably won't benefit
from a counterpoise at all.

The idea behind the counterpoise was to provide an RF ground for the radio, not as a part of the
antenna.

Your antenna will be too close to the ground and partly shielded
by roofing materials as it is for optimal performance, but we do what we can
just to get on the air when there is no good solution. Having said that, You
should be able to load up with an outboard tuner and make some contacts.

I have a friend with an Alpha Delta DX-EE in his attic, and he has achieved DX CC -- contacts with
100 countries. I don't know if it is a one or two story house. I'm going over to look at his
installation his weekend.