Old August 8th 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KJ4NTS[_2_] KJ4NTS[_2_] is offline

Default Minimum gauge wire for connection to ground rod

On 6-Aug-2009, Michael Coslo wrote:

I'd say with this setup, you could do DXCC. DXCC and other awards have
been achieved on more modest setups than what you are looking at
building. You won't be the loudest signal on the band, but there can
only be one of those anyhow.

How much attenuation is a wood roof with asphalt shingles going to introduce? All of the duct work
in my house is in the crawl space, and the phone and cable TV lines are also in the crawl space. So
there is no metal other than the roofing nails, and there's nothing between the antenna and the sky
other than the roof decking and shingles. I don't expect them to add a lot of attenuation, but I
could be wrong.