Old August 8th 09, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
chuck[_3_] chuck[_3_] is offline

Default Remote Unit MR-9B (for Bendix RA-10DB Rx) wiring info wanted

Engineer wrote in
:

On Jul 20, 1:19*am, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:
"Engineer" wrote in message

... On Jul 16, 6:46 pm, Engineer wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone have a type MR-9B Bendix Remote Control Unit
for a Bendix
RA 10DB WW2 aircraft receiver (circa 1942-44) for sale?
I'm restoring
both units as a volunteer for the Canadian Air & Space
Museum, Toronto
- Lancaster bomber restoration project, see
http://casmuseum.org/about.shtml
If you don't want to part with it, I could use some good
macro
pictures of the wiring as the MR-9B unit we have was
butchered
sometime in the last 60 years and I'm trying to rewire the
pots and
band switch. I have the schematic so making some progress
but a spare
unit or some pics would help. As many of you know, the
RA-10DB
receiver and the MR-9B remote are totally integrated so
the Rx can't
be operated stand-alone. I suppose I could build a
complete remote
unit emulator but I'd rather not! Besides, it won't look
right.
BTW, we also have to rebuild the cables. Does anyone have
the right
Canon plugs? Present plan is to emulate with separate
female pin
connectors to the Remote Unit and Rx sockets, two short
stubs of
multiway wire and two pairs of modern multiway plugs and
sockets. Any
better ideas?
Thanks for all replies,
Cheers,
Roger
PS. Of course, post replies but email any pics to me at
"analogdino at
(ta-boy) rogers dot(ty-as-
they) com(e)", suitably decoded. Visible address is fake
for anti-
spam. Thanks again.

To date, no posts and no email! *I have managed to
re-connect all the
wires but three.. and I think I'm getting close to them! *In
a few
days it will be "plug and play", I hope! *Also hoping the
"new" 65
yeaer old bandswitch motor is not stuck...
Cheers,
Roger

* * *Not specific help but a place to look. In about the
late 1940's the publisher of CQ magazine published a series
of paperback surplus handbooks on converting surplus radio
gear. These had schematics and details of many fairly common
equipments. Its even possible that some public libraries may
have them.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles

A chap in New Zealand, Charles, has sent me some very good pics of the
MR-9B wiring. Looks like they will be most helpful in sorting out our
unit.
Cheers,
Roger

Do you have the part number to share?