Old August 8th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default The Store Once Know as 'RadioShack' : Would Like You To CallIt "The Shack"

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
Real men hang out at HRO or the TRW Swap Meet,

or Cucamonga

Down here it's the Santee Swap meet.
As to HRO... go there on any given Saturday and you'll find;
a bunch of gray thinning haired, pot bellied old geezers leaning on
pickup trucks bristling with antennas talking about cryptic topics in
braggadocio tones, and don't forget, the powdered sugar dust on their
tee shirts from eating all the freebie donuts over by the coffee pot.

I'm bald and lost my gut. I have a crossover SUV and have never wanted
to rag chew (neither face to face nor on the radio). I go to lurk look
at stuff that I end up buying HamCity dot com (on Sepulveda-but I get it
UPS one day ground. HamCity has good prices. I have never been to
their store front.

San Diego has a lot of electronics stuff.