Old August 9th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Stuart Longland Stuart Longland is offline

Default Homebrew 2m (and maybe 70cm) linear (solid state, 20~30W)

On Aug 9, 9:38*pm, Stuart Longland wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a solid state 2m linear amp project
that I could build. *I'm looking for no more than about 30W. *It'll be
primarily used for FM, driven from my handheld radio. *Bonus points if
it can do 70cm too (or at least allow pass-through unattenuated...).

Just realised I was in the wrong newsgroup... I shall re-post.

More relevant to this thread though, alternatively, does anyone know
of any commercially-made linear amps that fit this requirement, and
where they can be obtained? (I suspect they'd be more expensive than
a 30W FM rig though.)

Regards,
Stuart Longland VK4MSL