Old August 12th 09, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
dave dave is offline

Default Homebrew 2m (and maybe 70cm) linear (solid state, 20~30W)

John Ferrell wrote:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 04:38:14 -0700 (PDT), Stuart Longland

The only project I've seen that fits the bill so far is
http://www.falara.org/tektalk/GPOAmp.html which calls for a PCB made
with G10 stock. I have no idea where to obtain that here in Brisbane,
I have some blank PCB, but have no idea what grade it is, or how much
impact on performance using it would have. The MRF1946A is also
difficult to source.

Does anyone know of a good project to start on this sort of thing?

Regards,
Stuart Longland (VK4MSL)

You don't need linear operation for FM. This should increase the
number of choices you have.

Here are some kits that don't suck:

http://www.communication-concepts.co...amplifiers.htm