Old August 13th 09, 09:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Underground antenna

-.-. --.- wrote:
Hello,

googling about "underground antenna", i found this article:
http://www.caves.org/section/commelect/nec-4/nec-4.html
that talk about a version of NEC capable to modeling under-the-ground wires.
IIRC also Roy W7EL write down months ago something about this, and about the
why the NEC capable of this kind of modeling (buried wires and so on) is not
released to the general public. Roy, if you gently can re-explain to me this
i'll be grateful.

Just for my personal information, wondering if someone played with buried or
submersed antennas and (especially from 40 meters going lower in frequency)
get some interesting result.

Thanks for reading and for replies, and as usual sry for my poor english.

NEC-4 is capable of modeling buried wires, and NEC-4 is available to the
public. For information about purchasing NEC-4 see
https://ipo.llnl.gov/?q=technologies...ware-app&s=NEC.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL