Old August 14th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Erich Erich is offline

Default Homebrew 2m (and maybe 70cm) linear (solid state, 20~30W)

You might try he http://www.communication-concepts.com/335a.htm
This is a 35 watt SSB-FM amp in a variety of kit forms.

73, Erich N6FD

Stuart Longland wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a solid state 2m linear amp project
that I could build. I'm looking for no more than about 30W. It'll be
primarily used for FM, driven from my handheld radio. Bonus points if
it can do 70cm too (or at least allow pass-through unattenuated...).

Most of the designs I've seen are for tubes with an output power in
the KW-range... my radio license only allows me to transmit 30W FM or
100W SSB... so these are massive overkill (and not desirable for other
reasons).

The only project I've seen that fits the bill so far is
http://www.falara.org/tektalk/GPOAmp.html which calls for a PCB made
with G10 stock. I have no idea where to obtain that here in Brisbane,
I have some blank PCB, but have no idea what grade it is, or how much
impact on performance using it would have. The MRF1946A is also
difficult to source.

Does anyone know of a good project to start on this sort of thing?

Regards,
Stuart Longland (VK4MSL)