Old August 15th 09, 10:45 PM
chrismec chrismec is offline
Junior Member

Default Indoor FM radio distribution system

Hello all. In the building I work at I am unable to get any FM reception. However step outside and the reception is great. I would like to install an antenna up on the roof, pass the signal thru an amplifier an distribute the the signals to various work shops throughout the building. I envision needing the antenna of course, an amplifier and a tap for each coax running to the various shops. The only problem with this is most boom box's or pocket radios do not have an external antenna connection, which leads me to my question. In each workshop can I just hang an antenna (small dipole maybe) on the coax coming from the amplifier allowing me to pick up FM stations without a physical wired connection? I don't know if this is a ridiculous idea or not. Hoping some of you folks can give me some advice.