Old August 16th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Aluminum spreader quad

JIMMIE wrote:
I was thinking about a single band quad. I figured that on a single
band quad the length of the spreader would be either 1.414 or .707
(depending on how you see this) times the lenght of one side of the
quad. I dont think this would be close to being resonant.

Are the two 0.35WL spreaders shorted together in the center
or are there four 0.175WL spreaders insulated in the center?
Seems to me, this could easily be modeled using EZNEC.
I've never done it but I'll bet others have.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com