Old August 16th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Stuart Longland Stuart Longland is offline

Default Homebrew 2m (and maybe 70cm) linear (solid state, 20~30W)

Erich wrote:
You might try he http://www.communication-concepts.com/335a.htm
This is a 35 watt SSB-FM amp in a variety of kit forms.

Hi,
Yeah... that looks like a promising kit... not sure if I can get
anything like that locally (Australia; I don't possess a credit card
or direct debit facilities) so that may be a limitation there... I've
been pointed to a couple of kits in the homebrewing section that are
based on a Mitsubishi power amp module. I found one based on this
module that I can get locally, it was rather minimalist however.

This does give me some other possibilities to chase up however. I
am aware that I need not use a linear amp for FM/CW/PSK too by the
way... but since future use may include AM and SSB, I figure chasing
this sort of amplifier would give me greater flexibility. The aim is
to have a suitable power amp that can work with homebrew equipment.

Regards,
Stuart Longland (VK4MSL)