Old August 17th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob Bob Bob is offline

Default Aluminum spreader quad

Hi Jimmie

Some years ago I made a 3 el 10M quad that was actually a bow tie
arrangement. ie the spreaders were "driven" and the side "elements" were
rope.

Probably not what you are thinking about but it did look like a 3 el 20m
quad! I should have modeled it in later years but never got around to
it. It worked okay at the time but I wasnt exactly doing any extensive
testing.

Does modeling the metal spreaders give you any ideas?

Cheers Bob

JIMMIE wrote:
I was talking with some guys this AM about building a quad antenna
using aluminum spreaders. I know that it at least the tips of the
spreaders would have to be made of insulating material such a
fiberglass but the consensus seemed to be that most of the spreaders
should be non-metalic. I was wondering if anyone here had built a quad
with almost all of the spreaders made of metal and what was the
results.

Jimmie