Old August 17th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Aluminum spreader quad

On Aug 16, 7:13*pm, Bob Bob wrote:
Hi Jimmie

Some years ago I made a 3 el 10M quad that was actually a bow tie
arrangement. ie the spreaders were "driven" and the side "elements" were
rope.

Probably not what you are thinking about but it did look like a 3 el 20m
quad! I should have modeled it in later years but never got around to
it. It worked okay at the time but I wasnt exactly doing any extensive
testing.

Does modeling the metal spreaders give you any ideas?

Cheers Bob

JIMMIE wrote:
I was talking with some guys this AM about building a quad antenna
using aluminum spreaders. I know that it at least the tips of the
spreaders would have to be made of insulating material such a
fiberglass but the consensus seemed to be that most of the spreaders
should be non-metalic. I was wondering if anyone here had built a quad
with almost all of the spreaders made of metal and what was the
results.

Jimmie

Ive never really gotten in to modeling antennas that much. Ill
probably just build something and see what happens.

Jimmie