Old August 17th 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dennis Whatley Dennis Whatley is offline

Default Underground antenna

The advantages are numerouse, such as the lack of an antenna support
structure, but for VHF arrays there could be a huge problem with
direction since the torque required to turn only a 2m 8-ele Yagi would be
over a ton.

That's why farmers used horses and nowadays tractors to pull the
array through the ground. But you know farmers: they always forget
to connect the feedline! That's why you never hear them on the air.

Hi Gerard, and there I was, thinking it was because an
underground transmitting station needed an underground
receiver station. Thanks a million, now I know why
there are so few farmers on CB.