Old August 19th 09, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Aluminum spreader quad

On Aug 19, 2:11*am, "Howard K0ACF" wrote:
There is an article in QST april 1992 about building a 5 band 2 element quad
with aluminum tubing KC6T is the one who built it. It also is in 2007 ARRL
Handbook. Shows & describes how the spreders are built with dinensions....."JIMMIE" wrote in message

I was talking with some guys this AM about building a quad antenna
using aluminum spreaders. I know that it at least the tips of the
spreaders would have to be made of insulating material such a
fiberglass but the consensus seemed to be that most of the spreaders
should be non-metalic. I was wondering if anyone here had built a quad
with almost all of the spreaders made of metal and what was the
results.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, I ll see if I can pull that up in the QST archives. I may even
have that handbook.

Jimmie